I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Adri of http://adriculous.me this is the entry where the nomination was posted Liebster Award http://adriculous.me/2016/11/12/liebster-award-2016/ She also has other sites, which are listed on her network: http://lets-volt.in Award sites have been less active in the recent years in comparison to when I started my online journey back in 1999, so it’s nice to see an award that’s still alive and well.
This is the first time I’ve been nominated for this award and I’m just now learning what it is, but I’m certainly happy it exists. You can find more information about the award at The Global Aussie http://theglobalaussie.com/the-official-rules-of-the-liebster-award-2016/
The rules of the award are as follows:
1- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
2- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
3- For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
4- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
5- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
(1) Thank You
A big thank you to Adri of http://adriculous.me http://lets-volt.in and other great sites. Adri is very talented and always out to learn new things. She has been working on both leaning new codes and improving her artwork, both of which are things that I also enjoy doing, so it’s easy to identify. She has several blogs and was the one who motivated me to give Word Press a chance.
(2) Award – posted!
(3) There are many blogs I like so it’s hard to pick, but here are a few:
– Adri’s The Ninpojineous http://ninpojineous.adrimarie.us This blog is full of tutorials and the inspiring stories of a web-designer and artist. If you visit, you’ll be sure to learn something new. The tutorials are written step by step with examples, which make them easy to understand. Another of my favorite sections is the one dedicated to Zen Art. I used to draw Zen Art as a teen, but have been focusing more on digital anime style recently. Seeing Adri’s art brought back good memories and new ideas.
What I like best about this blog is how it gives the feeling of always moving forward and never giving up, experimenting with new things and discovering new creative passions. I also enjoy the calligraphy and letter art, which shows just how well writing and visual art can mesh together to bring a deeper meaning. I’ve been following Adri’s sites for a few months now on Word Press and Twitter, though sometimes life gets busy, she always takes a moment to reply to let us know about her latest artistic and academic pursuits. Her dream job is Word Press and they would be lucky to have such a talented and creative person on their team.
– Shi’s Shi Bytes http://shibytes.com Shi has a few different blogs focused on several topics, so of which are reboots of previous blogs and some of which are new ideas that are still in the making. I chose Shi Bytes http://shibytes.com because it’s one of the blogs that currently has more entries, though I also recommend keeping an eye on Pink Pop Kawaii http://pinkpopkawaii.com and The Ninja Mommy http://theninjamommy.com Shi has been busy taking care of her adorable baby girl but occasionally still comes online and I’m sure she’ll post more as soon as she has more free time as her little ninja grows up.
Shi is very kind; she’s actually the person who gifted me my very first domain GenkiGirl.net it’s now expired, but the experience was what got me motivated to own a domain and I don’t think http://AzureLight.net would exist today if I hasn’t had GenkiGirl.net back then. Shi is an inspiration, both strong and kind. She’s living proof that a lady can be a badass and cute at the same time. She’s into fitness, martial arts, kawaii, pink and plushies.
– Robin of Crooked Glasses http://glasses.withinmyworld.org Her posts have many different themes so there’s something for everyone to see. Robin is a very nice and understanding person, her main network is at http://withinmyworld.org She’s a writer, a talented musician and makes super fun gif filled pages that will surely bring you a smile. Robin is someone who is easy to relate to and is very supportive. Aside from blogging and writing, she also has fansites and resource links, which are very entertaining and helpful.
– I also want to mention a few other people, their blogs are not necessarily active at this time, but might come back later. There’s Cherri from http://piratesboard.net her blog is at http://blog.piratesboard.net She’s my dear little sister and also my kind host of many years. My sites might not still be active without her!
– There’s also Snow from http://rayjah.net her blog is at http://free.rayjah.net She’s my dear middle little sister, who takes on the role of big sis sometimes when Cherri and I poke her to tell us how to use words properly, Snow’s a teacher so she knows. (Google knows too, but it’s more fun to ask Snow.)
(4) 10 Facts about me in no particular order
1- I’m a chocoholic ❤ I’m not really into vanilla or strawberry; I’m a very picky eater. I don’t really like white chocolate (not enough cocoa) but I love dark chocolate cake, ice-cream, cookies, etc. I don’t like hot food or drink (instant gag reflex), so everything I eat/drink is either room temperature or cold. Dark chocolate is my favorite, it doesn’t feel bitter to me like some people say and milk chocolate isn’t simply sweet, chocolate is its own distinct thing that can only be described as chocolatey.
2- I love art I have written a few fanfics https://www.fanfiction.net/u/300106/MikariStar over the years though I haven’t been very active on that front lately. I have also written songs http://mikaristar.deviantart.com/art/Songs-of-Faith-338957885 I can imagine the melodies, but I don’t really know how to write music, I’m more of a lyricist. Recently I’ve been most active in pixels http://mikaristar.deviantart.com/gallery/41434211/Pixels digital art http://mikaristar.deviantart.com/gallery/23648420/Digital and nail art http://mikaristar.deviantart.com/gallery/41434225/Nails
3- I always do my own manicure because I like to wear my art. I change my nail art every 2 weeks, they are natural nails. The themes I’ve done include Super Mario, Pokemon, Pacman, sweets, holiday themes and others. Maybe one day I will have photos of all the Pokemon on my nails over time… For now I’m aiming to turn at least all the Kantomon into nail art.
4- I’m not a morning person. Thankfully I have the afternoon shift at my job, so I don’t need to be up before noon. I usually sleep about 9 or 10 hours a night from somewhere past 1am to somewhere around 12pm. I’m a total zombie if I get up early, regardless of how much sleep I got.
5- I studied Information Systems for my BA and Industrial Management for my MA. My first real job was working with data at a box farm and I hated it despite other people insisting that it was a good job. I now work as an operations agent in the private flights sector and it’s awesome. I like that it goes from super rushed to super calm, so I either don’t have time to get bored or I can chill out like I’m doing right now. It’s cloudy, so I’m not expecting any flights at the moment. I also like that I can get cool photos of airplanes sometimes and there are all sort of amusing rumors about the airport (everything from secret underground bases to hauntings, even if it’s not true, it’s still super fun to play along and pretend it is).
6- I believe that trust is more important than blood. If you are my relative or not doesn’t matter, you’ll be my family only if I decide I care about you enough to think of you as such.
7- I don’t like small talk, I love discussing the things I enjoy, such as video games, anime, super heroes, technology and art.
8- In web-design I use HTML, PHP, CSS and sometimes JS. I love to play around with CSS effects, especially animation.
9- JRPGs are my favorite type of videogames and though I rarely play anything other than RPGs, I have sometimes gotten into games in a different genre. The best example of this is the Vocaloid Miku Diva series. I love these games, the characters and the music, especially the PSVita versions. My favorite is F2, the second for the Vita. Right now I’m in the middle of playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, a fighting RPG, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, a turn based RPG and I have another turn based RPG preordered, Pokemon Moon.
10- My tech right now is: Surface Pro 4, Asus Transformer Book, iPhone 6S, PSVita original, New Nintendo 3DS Animal Crossing edition. Ironically, I haven’t played Animal Crossing yet, as I’m more of a Vita person and got the NN3DS for Pokemon.
(5) Nominations (in no particular order)
I need to follow more bloggers, if Twitter counted, my list would be so long. 😄
(6) Already listed the rules.
(7) Will do! For additional information visit Adri’s post http://adriculous.me/2016/11/12/liebster-award-2016/ and The Global Aussie http://theglobalaussie.com/the-official-rules-of-the-liebster-award-2016/